Dr. Pushpa Trivedi
Senior Professor & In-Charge Economics Group
Dr. Pushpa Trivedi
Senior Professor & In-Charge Economics Group
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph. D. (1988), University of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- M.A. in Economics (1977), University of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- B.A. in Economics (1975), RamnarainRuia College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Ford Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellowship, International Finance Section, Department of Economics, Princeton University, USA, September 1993 to August 1994
- Visiting Research Fellowship, Institute of Developing Economy-JETRO, Japan, January 2002- July, 2002.
- Senior Professor & In-Charge Economics Group, Shiv Nadar University Chennai
- Visiting Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences,Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad (July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022)
- Visiting Faculty, Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics, February 15 to March 31, 2022.
- Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT-Bombay (22-03-2003 to 30-6-2021)
- Head, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay (June 22, 2017 to June 21, 2020)
- Institute Chair Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, (23-11-2015 to 22-11-2018)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences,IIT Dharwad (2018)
- Director, Centre for Multi-Disciplinary Development Research, Dharwad, an ICSSR institution under MHRD and Government of Karnataka (July 10, 2012 to Jan 9, 2014 on lien from IIT Bombay).
- Visiting Faculty, Centre for Development Economics (CDE), Delhi School of Economics, New Delhi, India, 15th April 2005 to 15th May 2005.
- Associate Professor Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IITBombay, (02-06-1997 to 21-03-2003)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IITBombay, (11-02-1991 to 01-06-1997)
- Research Officer, RBI Unit, Dept of Economics, University of Mumbai, 1985-91.
- Research Associate, IFCI Unit, Dept of Economics, University of Mumbai, 1983-85
- Lecturer (on Leave Vacancy) in Degree College: St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, 1981-83
- Lecturer in Degree College: MaharshiDayanand College, Mumbai, 1977-81
- Teacher Aide, RamnarainRuia College, 1976-1977.
- Open-economy Macroeconomics, International Finance
- Productivity: Measurement, Comparisons and Determinants
- Indian Economy
- Human Development
- Environmental Economics
- Advanced Economic Theory (Post-graduate course)
- Applied Econometrics (Post-graduate course)
- Development, Planning and Policies (Post-graduate course)
- Environmental Planning and Policies (Post-graduate course)
- Financing of Economic Development (Post-graduate course)
- Indian Economic Environment (Post-graduate course)
- Managerial Economics and Business Policies (Post-graduate course)
- Micro-level Planning (Post-graduate course)
- Research Methodology and Computer Aided Applied Statistics (Post-graduate course)
- International Trade and Finance (undergraduate and Post-graduate courses)
- Planning and Economic Policies in India (Undergraduate course)
- Economics (Undergraduate course)
- International Economics (Undergraduate Course)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (Undergraduate course)
- Communication Skills (Postgraduate course)
- Macroeconomics I (Undergraduate course)
- Environmental Studies (Undergraduate course)
- International Finance and Monetary Systems (Undergraduate course)
- Dipak R. Chaudhari, Pushpa Trivedi and Prabhat Kumar (2023), ‘Portfolio Flows and Exchange Rate Volatility: An Empirical Estimation for BRICS Countries’, RBI Working Paper 08/2023, https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?prid=55992
- Shankar, S., Trivedi, P. Assessing India’s fiscal sustainability considering debt–deficit and financing dynamics. Ind. Econ. Rev. (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41775-023-00179-8
- Sangita Misra, Kirti Gupta & Pushpa Trivedi (2023) Sub-national government debt sustainability in India: an empirical analysis, Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, 16:1, 57-79, 10.1080/17520843.2021.1948171
- Shankar, S., & Trivedi, P. (2022). Evaluating the Long-run Sustainability of India’s Fiscal Management with Structural Change. Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, 16(3–4), 367–391. https://doi.org/10.1177/09738010231157457
- Pawde, Balu, Tara Shankar Shaw and Pushpa Trivedi, Household Consumption Expenditure Inequalities in Rural India: 1993-94 to 2011-12, Economic and Political Weekly (Special article), Vol LVII, No 11, March 12, 2022.
- Shiv Shankar and Pushpa Trivedi (2021), ‘Government fiscal spending and crowd-out of private investment: An empirical evidence for India’, Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol 13, No. 1, pp. 92-108.
- Grewal, Harpreet Singh and Pushpa Trivedi (2021), ‘Spillover effects of the US monetary policy on the Indian trilemma’, International Journal of Emerging Markets, DOI: 10.1108/ijoem-09-2020-1052, ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print)
- Grewal, Harpreet Singh and Pushpa Trivedi (forthcoming, accepted for publication), ‘The Path of Impossible Trinity in India: 1991-2018’, Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Publishers Ltd., Geneva, Switzerland.
- AnirudhTagat and Pushpa Trivedi (2020), ‘Demand for cash: an econometric model of currency demand’, Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies in India, https://doi.org/10.1080/17520843.2020.1722193
- Trivedi Pushpa, SangitaMisra, Kaushiki Singh and LavanyaAmmu (2019), ‘Does Government Deficit Crowd Out Private Investment? An Empirical Analysis for National and Sub-National Governments’, IUP Journal of Applied Economics, XVIII(34): pp 7-35.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Nair, V. (2018), ‘Price Discovery and Arbitrage Linkage in the Indian Agricultural Commodity Futures Market: A Study of Gram Futures,’ in the Agricultural Economics Research Review, July- December 2018, Volume 31, Number 2, pp. 187-195.
- Omran, Shaymaa and Trivedi, Pushpa L (2018). “Agribusiness Export Performance in Egypt: Constant Market Shares Analysis”, GLOGIFT 18: Digitalization and flexibility for Organizational Management and Transformation. December 2018. pp.300–350.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2018), ‘Growth and Productivity in Indian Manufacturing Sector: A Comparison of Pre and Post Reform Period’, in Productivity Dynamics in Emerging and Industrialized Countries, Deb Kusum Das (ed), South Asia Edition, Routledge, New York.
- Sahoo, Sudarsana, HarendraBehera and Pushpa Trivedi (2018), Volatility Spillovers between Forex and Stock Markets in India, RBI Occasional Papers Vol. 38- No. 1 & 2, pp 33-63
- SudarsanaSahoo, HarendraBehera&Pushpa Trivedi (2019) Return and volatility spillovers between currency and bond markets in India, Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Vol 12, No.2, 155-173.
- Sahoo, Sudarsana, and Pushpa Trivedi (2018), The Interrelationship between Implied and Realized Exchange Rate Volatility in India, IUP Journal of Applied Economics,Vol. XVII, No. 4, pp7-26.
- Misra, Sangita and Pushpa Trivedi (2016), ‘Structural Fiscal Balance: An Empirical Investigation for India’,RBI Occasional Papers, Vol. 35 and 36 – No. 1 & 2: 2014 & 2015, pp 111-159.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), CSR towards Fulfilment of Sustainable Development Goals, CSR Good Book, 2016,
- Panda, Devi and Pushpa Trivedi (2016),‘Macroeconomic Determinants of India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves: An Empirical Analysis’ The IUP Journal of Applied Economics (ISSN: 0972-6861)
- Panda, Devi and Pushpa Trivedi (2015), ‘Macroeconomic Determinants of Remittances: A Cross Country Analysis’ IPE Journal of International Economics, Vol. 6 No. 2, pp July-December, pp.79-96
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2015), Uttara Kannada District Human Development Report 2014, Uttara Kannada Zilla Panchayat and Planning, Programme Monitoring and Statistics Department, Government of Karnataka (with contributions from faculty at CMDR Dharwad), Part 1 of the report available athttp://zpkarwar.kar.nic.in/publication/docs/English/EnglishPart1.pdf
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2015), Koppal District Human Development Report 2014, KoppalZilla Panchayat and Planning, Programme Monitoring and Statistics Department, Government of Karnataka (with contributions from faculty at CMDR Dharwad).
- Panda, Bibekanand and Pushpa Trivedi (2015), ‘Inter-District Inequalities in Per Capita Real Income: A Study of Odisha’, Business Sciences International Journal, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp. 36-49.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Devi Prasad Panda (2014), ‘Macroeconomic Determinants of Private Transfers to India’, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol.12 1: New Series, pp. 51-76.
- Nayak, Nayanatara, Pushpa Trivedi and D. R. Revankar (2014), ‘Developing Health Accounts: Underpinning for Maharashtra State’, Anveshana, Vol. 4, No.2.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Samir RanjanBehera (2012), ‘Macroeconomic Fundamentals as Determinants of Equity Prices: An Empirical Analysis for India’, The ICFAI IUP Journal of Applied Finance, Vol 18, No.1, July.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Samir RanjanBehera (2012), ‘The Macroeconomic Determinants of the Gold Prices in India: An ARDL Approach’, Journal of International Economics, Vol 3, Issue 2, July-Dec.
- Trivedi, Pushpa, L. Lakshmanan, Rajeev Jain and Dr.Yogesh Kumar Gupta (2011), Productivity, Efficiency and Competitiveness of the Indian Manufacturing Sector, Development Research Group, Study No. 37, Department of Economic Analysis and Policy, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai. Also available at https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/ Publications/PDFs/37DRGSN0611.pdf
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Rajmal (2011), ‘Growth Effects of Fiscal Policy of Indian States’, Millennial Asia, Vol 2, No. 2, July-Dec.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and N.C. Pradhan (2010), ‘Exports and Growth Nexus in India: An Econometric Analysis’, in Millennial Asia, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 97-124.
- Patankar, Archana, and Pushpa Trivedi (2010), ‘Monetary Burden of Health Impacts of Air Pollution in Mumbai, India: Implications for Public Health Policy’, Public Health (2010), doi:10.1016/j.puhe.2010.11.009
- ArchanaPatankar and Pushpa Trivedi (2009), “Assessing the health impacts of air pollution: A Case Study of Mumbai in Poverty, Health and Development”, ed. Sujit Kumar Paul, Commonwealth, New Delhi.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2007), ‘Role of the State in Globalizing India’, in Markets and Institutions: Indian Experience During Nineties, eds. Kantawala B. S.and T. R. Bishnoi, Wisdom Publications, New Delhi.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Abhilash Nair (2007), ‘Determinants of FII Investment Inflow to India’, in Foreign Institutional Investors: Indian and Global Scenario, ed., Gopal Krishna Murthy G, ICFAI Books, Hyderabad (also published in The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, April 2006).
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2007), ‘Globalization and Women: With Special Reference to India’, in National Seminar on Gender Equality, Women Development Cell, University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
- Thakore, Sangeeta, Pushpa Trivedi, D. Parthasarathy and Vinod Sharma (2006), “Application of Life Cycle Approaches to Household Waste Management in Mumbai, India” In Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference EcoBalance, organised by sponsored by SNTT, AIST and MITI, Tsukuba, Japan, November, 2006.
- Panchmukhi, P.R., Pushpa Trivedi, Sailabala Debi, Arun Kumar and Pritee Sharma (2007), Natural Resource Accounting in Karnataka: A Study of the Land & Forestry Sector (Excluding Mining), Central Statistical Organization, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of India, New Delhi, also available at http://www.mospi.nic.in/mospi_cso_rept_pubn.htm
- Trivedi, Pushpa and ArchanaPatankar (2006), ‘Methodologies for Valuation of Health Effects of Air Pollution’, in Towards Cleaner and Greener Environment, Technical Compendium of Steel Authority of India (SAIL), Mumbai.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Pritee Sharma (2005), ‘Multilateralism, Regionalism and Trade Dispute Settlement in WTO: Implications for Developing Countries’, Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Vol. 17, Jan-June.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2005), ‘Infrastructure Development in Maharashtra’, In Maharashtra Development Report, 2003, Planning Commission, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2005), “Constraints in Indo-Pak Economic Cooperation” In India-Pakistan Relations: Courting Peace from the Corridors of War, ed., Kamath P.M., Promilla& Co. and Bibliophile South Asia, New Delhi and Chicago, USA.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2004), “An Inter-State Perspective on Manufacturing Productivity in India: 1980-81 to 2000-01”, Indian Economic Review, Vol. 39, pp. 203-237.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2004), “External Sector Reforms in India: A Critical Evaluation” In Reforms, Institutions and Policies: Challenges Confronting the Indian Economy, Romar Correa and L.G. Burange, eds., Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2003), ‘Growth and Productivity in Selected Manufacturing Industries in India: A Regional Perspective’, Visiting Research Fellow Series, # 375, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization, Chiba, Japan.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and IlikaChakrakravarty (2003), ‘Tourism: Issues in Development’, In The Economy of Maharashtra: Changing Structure and Emerging Issues, ed., Mungekar, Bhalchandra, Dr.Ambedkar Institute of Social and Economic Change, Mumbai.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2000), Productivity in Major Manufacturing Industries in India: 1973-74 to 1997-98, Development Research Group, Study No. 20, Department of Economic Analysis and Policy, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai (also available athttp://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/Publications/PDFs/15432 .pdf)
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1999), “Determinants of Real Exchange Rate in India: Fundamentals and Policies” in Fifty Years of Development Economics: Essays in Honour of Prof. P. R. Brahmananda, eds., Vasudevan, A., D.M. Nachane and A.V. Karnik, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1998), “Capital Inflows to the Indian Economy: Causes and Consequences”,Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Vol. X, No. 4, Oct-Dec.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1998), “Interest Rate Determinants in a Small Open Economy: The Indian Case”, International Journal of Development Banking, Vol. 16, No. 1, Jan.-June.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1996), “Real Effective Exchange Rate Indices of the Rupee: A Comparison of the Selected Alternative Series”, ArthaVijnana, March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1992), “The Impact of Recent Policy Measures on India”s Balance of Payments: An Analytical Exercise”, Indian Economic Journal, Vol 39, No.3, pp.58-87.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1990), “The Role of Monetary Policy in Controlling Money Stock in India, 1960-61 to 1988-89”, Indian Economic Journal, Vol. 38, pp 133-146.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (1989), “Real Effective Exchange Rate of the Indian Rupee, 1970-71 to 1985-86”, In India’s Balance of Payments: In the Seventies and in the Eighties, Himalaya Publishing House, Bombay.
- Brahmananda, P.R. and Pushpa Trivedi (1987), “The Changing Fiscal Frame of India”, in The Development Process of the Indian Economy, eds., P.R. Brahmananda and V.R. Panchmukhi, Himalaya Publishing House, Bombay.
- da Costa G.C. and Pushpa Trivedi, (1983), “Terms of Trade: An Alternate Method”, Indian Economic Journal, Vol 30, Jan-Mar, pp 119-130.
Participation in Conferences/Academic Activities
A. Presentations/participation at the International Conferences (since 2002)
- Trivedi Pushpa, ‘Health and Governance: A Regional Perspective’ (virtual mode), lecture delivered at the Plenary session of International Conference & 52nd Annual Meet of Regional Science Association, India. Co-hosted by Institute of Development Studies Kolkata in Collaboration with Regional Science Policy and Practice, December 10, 2021
- Trivedi, Pushpa, Discussant for the paper on ‘Do Banking Regulations Affect the Competitiveness of Sri Lankan Banks by Limiting Cross-Ownership?’ By RatnavadivelThirucumaran, Central Bank of Srilanka, at the CAFRAL and World Bank Conference on “State Intervention in the Financial Sector”, February 27, 2020.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), ‘Water Related Challenges for India’s Sustainable Development’, at Sustainable Development Workshop, organized by Monash Business School and Sustainability Network, to be held at Monash University Conference Centre, Prato, Italy, 24-25 June.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), Panelist for discussion on ‘Macro- Economic aspect of Entrepreneurship: Role of Public Policy and Fiscal Consolidation’ at the International Conference on Creative Entrepreneurship: A Sustainable Approach for Economic Growth, organized by the VES Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai, India, February 12.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), Trade and R & D Linkages: A Comparison of India with China, at the International Conference on “Innovations, International Trade and Economic Development”Organized by Centre for Development Economics and Innovation Studies & Planning Commission Chair, Dept of Economics, Punjabi University Patiala, November 26, 2016.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), ‘Food and nutritional security in India and the Potential Role of Agribusiness’, at International Conference on Agribusiness in Emerging Economies, held at IRMA, Gujarat, India, 6-7 January 2016.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2015), ‘Agricultural Trade in India: Need for Review of Agricultural Policy’, Second Indianlics International Conference on Systems of Innovation for Inclusive Agriculture and Rural Development, organized by Centre for Development Economics and Innovation Studies (CDEIS) and Planning Commission Chair, Punjabi University, Patiala, July 28-29.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2015), ‘A Review of Food Security Policies in India with Special Reference to Farming Community’, at the Workshop on Sustainability, organized by Monash Business and Sustainability Network & Centre for Development Economics and Sustainability, held at Monash University Conference Centre, Prato, Italy, 22-23 June.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2011), ‘Political Economy of Inflation in Global and National Economies: With Special Reference to India’, The Asian Conference on the Social Sciences, Osaka, June 2-5, 2011.
- Singh, Archana, Pushpa Trivedi. 2015. ‘Agrarian Crisis in India: Evidences and Reasons”, International Conference on Evidence Based Management’, Department of Management, BITS Pilani. (ISBN:978-93-84935-18-4)\
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Rajmal (2011), ‘Regional Development and the Conduct of Fiscal Policy: Econometric Analysis of Major States of India’, at the International Conference on ‘Peace, Security and Economic Development in South Asia’ held from March 4-6, at Punjabi University Campus, Patiala.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2009), Represented the Asian Productivity Organization, Japan, as the leading technical expert to the National Productivity Council, Islamic Republic of Iran at the “Second International Conference on Productivity” organized during 11 to 13 October, and made presentations on (i)Productivity Measurement and Improvement; Productivity; (ii) Efficiency Competitiveness and Financial Management; (iii) Capital productivity; and, (iv) Methods for Improvement of Productivity, Efficiency and Competitiveness.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2008),Health Effects of Air-Pollution in Asian Cities: A Case Study of Mumbai, Workshop on Environment and Development in Asia Organized by The Committee of Environment Frontiers International Program, The Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, 29th January.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2007),Productivity in Manufacturing Sector: A Comparative View of India and China,at the International Conference on Globalisation of Chinese and Indian Enterprises, Organized by the Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, New Delhi and HSS Department, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, November 2 – 3.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2007), Institutional Reforms and Infrastructure in India: with Special Reference to Power Sector, at the INDO-RUSSIAN Seminar on “Institutional Reforms and Development Units in Transitional Economy”, Sponsored by The Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), Moscow and Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi, Organized by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) Goregaon (East), Mumbai-400065 (INDIA) on February 13.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and ArchanaPatankar (2006), Outdoor Air Pollution and Health Insecurity: A Case Study of Mumbai (India), 38th Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health (APACPH) Conference, Bangkok, 3- 6 December.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), Agricultural Policy in India and its Impact on Environment, Food and Health Security at the International Workshop on Environmental and Health Risk for Sustainability in Developing Countries, Center for Advanced Inter-Departmental Studies in Science and Technology (CAST), Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan on 27th November.
- Thakore, Sangeeta, Pushpa Trivedi, D. Parthasarathy and Vinod Sharma (2006), Application of Life Cycle Approaches to Household Waste Management in Mumbai, India, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference EcoBalance, organized by sponsored by SNTT, AIST and MITI, Tsukuba, Japan, November (presentation made by SangeetaThakore).
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), India’s Role in Asian Symbiosis, at the International Symposium Kyushu International University, Fukuoka, Japan, organized by The Academic Society for Asian Symbiosis, on the common theme of Symbiosis in East Asia from the Point of Economy, and Culture, 14th October.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Pritee Sharma (2006), Agricultural Productivity in Maharashtra, India: A District-wise Analysis at the 5th Biennial Conference of Asia Pacific Productivity Conference, at Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 17 -19 August (presentation made by Pritee Sharma).
- Trivedi, Pushpa and Pritee Sharma (2005),Domestic Support to Agriculture in India: Implications for the Environment, at the Trade and Environment session of the International Conference on Environment and Development: Developing Countries Perspectives organized by the International Trade and Development Division, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi., on April 8.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2002),Export Performance and Productivity: A Cross-country Evidence, Economics Department, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand, 15th July.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2002),Productivity in Selected Manufacturing Industries in India: A Regional Perspective,Institute of Developing Economies-JETRO, Chiba, Japan, 9th July.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2002),Productivity in Selected Manufacturing Industries in India: A Regional Perspective, Institute of Economic Research, HitotsubashiUnivsersity, Kunitachi, Tokyo, Japan, 8th July.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2002),Multilateralism, Regionalism and Regional Co-operation (?) in South Asia, United Nations University-Institute of Advanced Studies, Tokyo, Japan 8th July.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2002),Multilateralism, Regionalism and the SAARC, at a Visiting Research Fellow Special Seminar at the Institute of Developing Economies-JETRO, Chiba, Japan, 13th June.
B National Conferences/Seminars/Invited Lectures
- Pushpa Trivedi (2019) ‘Ascending the Shikhar of a 5 Trillion Economy’, Keynote Speaker at the National Business School Paper Presentation, ‘Shikhar 2019’, N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai, Sept. 26, 2019
- Pushpa Trivedi (2019), Chief Guest address, Inaugural Function, Science and Commerce are organizing the 7th Edition of ‘TALENTUEUX’, Inter collegiate Arts Festival of the NES Ratnam College of Arts, Mumbai (August, 16, 2019)
- Panda, Bibekanandaand Pushpa Trivedi (2019), Empirical Validation of Engel Curve Type Relationship for Major Expenditure Heads in Odisha, 55th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society January 8-10, 2019, Jointly Organised by Mumbai School of Economics and Public Policy, Mumbai University & National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Patalganga Campus, Mumbai.
- Grewal, Harpreet Singh and Pushpa Trivedi (2019)The Path of Impossible Trinity in India: 1991-2014, 55th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society January 8-10, 2019, Jointly Organised by Mumbai School of Economics and Public Policy, Mumbai University & National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Patalganga Campus, Mumbai.
- Nair, Vishal, and Pushpa Trivedi, (2017), ‘Impact of Futures Trading on Spot Price Volatility: A Study of Chana Futures’, in the Seventeenth Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR), held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, November 20-21, 2017.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), ‘Agrarian Distress in Maharashtra: Lessons to be Learnt’ at the workshop on “Rural Distress: Strategies for Public Policy Intervention”, on May 27, 2016, organized by Centre for Development Economics and Innovation Studies (CDEIS) and Planning Commission Chair, Punjabi University, Patiala jointly with Center for International Projects Trust, New Delhi, held at Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), Water Pollution as a Developmental Challenge for India, Invited talk in the Plenary session at the National Seminar on “Population and Development: Issues and Challenges in the 21st Century, organized by International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai, March 18, held at Nagpur.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2016), Member of panel of experts for ‘Economics Conclave 2016’ on the theme ‘Financial Inclusion in India’ organized by Sarla Anil Modi School of Economics, 1st March at B. J. Hall, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2015), Guest Speaker on Public Policy Issues in the Indian Economy’,at the National Seminar on India an Emerging Economy: Opportunities & Challenges’) on 5thDec.2015 Organized by Department of Economics, Khalsa College, Mumbai and Sponsored by University Grants Commission (UGC) on Friday – Saturday, 4th and 5th December, 2015
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2014) Invited presentation on ‘Productivity, Growth & Employment in the Indian Manufacturing Sector’ at the National Conclave on Growth, Distribution & Redistribution organized by Department of Economics (Autonomous), University of Mumbai & Centre for Budget & Governance Accountability (CBGA), RBI Unit in Monetary Economics, WalchandHirachand Chair in Transport Economics & D.T. Lakdawala Chair in Planning and Development, University of Mumbai, March 5, 2014.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2014) Impact of Government and public policies on the manufacturing sector Prodology, at Prodology under the theme of Manufactring, at VJTI College, Mumbai, 5th April.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2013), ‘Media Economics’ at the Seminar on ‘Media, Economy and Politics in India’, Department of Political Science, Karnatak University Dharwad, Dharwad, April 1st.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2013) delivered an invited lecture on ‘Types and Research Designs: Exploratory, Diagnostic and Descriptive: Research Methodology in Social Sciences, Organized by BharatiVidyapeeth Deemed University, ICSSR, Pune on December 10.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2013), Invited speaker on Sustainable Socio-Economic Development, at the Conference on Sustainable Development & Planning-2013, organized by & held at Central University of Karnataka, Gulbarga, September 6-7, 2013.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2013), Invited speaker on ‘Health Problems of Elderly in India’ at the National Conference on Health and Nutrition Among Elderly Organized by: Department of Studies and Research in Sociology, Karnatak University Dharwad, Dharwad, May 22.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2012), Invited speaker for the Symposium on “Current Economic Reform Measures in India” being conducted by the Department of Economics on Karnatak University Dharwad, Dharwad, 27th September.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2012), Invited speaker on National Income versus National Resource Counting; With Special Reference to India, at UGC Sponsored National Conference On Emerging Market Economies, August 29.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (N.C. Pradhan, co-author) on “Exports-Growth Nexus in India: An Empirical Investigation” at the International Conference on Quantitative Applications in Money, Banking, Finance and Insurance” on March 20, 2010, at ICFAI, Hyderabad.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2009), Invited to give a seminar on ‘Capital Inflows and Challenges to Policy Makers: The Indian Context” at the Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM), Reserve Bank of India, November 13.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2009), Participated as an invited expert at the seminar on “Inflation Expectations Survey of Households“, Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM), Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai, August 2, 2009.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2009), Participated as an invited expert at The National Conference on “Global Slowdown: Impact on India through International Trade” as a part of “Strategies and Preparedness for Trade and Globalization in India“, organized by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) India Programme, New Delhi on 12 June, 2009.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2009) Co-chaired a session on Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Management in Urban Development and Governance at the Asia Megacities Forum 2009, Mumbai, April 23, 2009.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2009) Presented the invited paper on “Productivity & Efficiency in Organized Manufacturing Sector in India: Estimates from Alternative Methodologies” organized by the Centre for Development Economics-Swiss Re Workshop on Performance Measurement January 5-7, 2009 at the India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Patankar, Archana and Pushpa Trivedi (2007),Assessing the Health Impacts of Air Pollution: A Case Study of Mumbai, at the PCK National Seminar on Poverty, Health and Development, VisvaBharati University, March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006) ,Globalization and Women: with Special Reference to India, at the National Seminar on Gender Equality and the Indian Republic organized by Women Development Cell, University of Mumbai on 18th November, at the Sesquicentennial Celebration of the University of Mumbai.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), Indo-China Trade: Opportunities and Challenges, at the National Seminar on India-China Relations: An Agenda for Asian Century Organized by the VPM Centre for International Studies, Mumbai, 27-29th March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), Globalization, Identities and Pluralism, at the National Seminar on Cultural Pluralism and Identities: Rethinking Culture and Politics in Northeast India, Indian Institute for Advanced Studies and Aurobindo Institute of Culture, Shillong, 18-19th March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), Global Initiatives and Environmental Concerns: A Critical Review, at the National Seminar on Growth, Trade and Environment Kurukshetra University, 3rd -4th March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), Accounting for Forests and Energy Resources in India, Workshop on Natural Resource Accounting, organized by Regional Training Institute in collaboration with Central Statistical Organization, Ministry of Planning and Programme Implementation, Government of India, at the Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai, 2nd February.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2006), Globalization and the Indian Economy: Challenges and Opportunities, at the Symposium on Globalization and India: Political, Economic and Social Dimension, organized by Dr.BabasahebAmbedkar Academy, Satara, 16th January.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2005), Presented the Key paper on WTO Regime and the Prospects of Free and Fair Trade for Small Open Economies, Second National Conference on Finance & Economics, ICFAI Business School, Bangalore, India, 25th-26th Nov.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2004), Role of the State in Globalizing India, at International Conference on ‘New Role of State and Civil Society’, organized by Loyola College, Chennai & Academy of International Business-India Chapter Loyola College, Chennai, during January 14 to 16.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2001), Interest Rate Policy in India: Critical Issues, at the seminar on “Current Problems of the Indian Economy” organized by the Centre for Advanced Studies in Economics, University of Mumbai and ICSSR (Western Regional Centre), at WalchandHirachand Hall, Indian Merchants” Chamber, Mumbai, 3rd December.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2001), Productivity in Indian Manufacturing Industries During the Nineties, at 37th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society held at Dept of Economics, South Gujrat University, Surat, 13th -15th April.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2001), External Sector Reforms in India: A Critical Evaluation, paper presented at National Seminar on Reforms, Institutions and Policies: Challenges Confronting the Indian Economy, Centre For Advanced Studies in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Mumbai, held at Vidyanagari, ICSSR Conference Hall, J.P. NaikBhavan, Vidyanagari, Mumbai 400 098 during 22nd – 24th March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2001), SAARC: Potential Gains From Trade, at the seminar on “SAARC – Trading in a Regional Block”, organized by The World Trade Centre & Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, held at the World Trade Centre, Mumbai, on 7th March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2000), Member of Panel of Experts for the discussion on Technical Session on ‘Capital Inflows and Foreign Exchange Markets‘, in the Fourth Annual Conference on Capital Markets, organized by the UTI-Institute of Capital Markets, Navi Mumbai, December.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2000), Resource person for session on Productivity in Major Manufacturing Industries in India, ‘Research Seminar on Measurement of Efficiency and Productivity’, organized by Indian Institute of Management, Indore, 7th-8th November.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2000),Integration of Real and Financial Markets: Its Implications for Corporate Treasury Functions in India, background paper presented at the Conference on Corporate Sector Research, ICSI-Centre for Corporate Research and Training, CBD-Belapur, Navi-Mumbai, held on 12th May.
- Trivedi, Pushpa (2000), Environmental Degradation and Sustainable Development‘, at the National Conference on Economic and Statistical Issues in Development, organized by Kalyani University, West Bengal, 10th -11th March.
- Trivedi, Pushpa and TanushreeMazumdar (2000), Implications of Capital Flows for the Conduct of Economic Policies,’ paper presented at the 36th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society.
Research Projects Completed and Ongoing:
|Sl No||Funding Organization||Title of the Project||Status of the project|
|1||RBI||Drivers of India’s Exports: Structural or Cyclical (ongoing)||Ongoing|
|2||IIT Bombay||Diamond Jubilee Research Project on Impact of IITB (ongoing)||Ongoing|
|3||Government of Karnataka||Uttara Kannada District Human Development Report 2014||completed 2015|
|4||Government of Karnataka||Koppal District Human Development Report 2014||completed 2015|
|5||Krishna Jal Bhagya Nigam Limited||Resettlement and Rehabilitation for Upper Krishna Project (Phase III)||completed 2013|
|6||CLEAN SWEEP (NGO)||Solid Waste Management in Mumbai||completed 2013|
|7||Ministry of Environment and Forests||Water Accounts (under Socio-Economic-Cultural Group): Ganga River Basin Management Plan||completed 2015|
|8||Tata Economic Services||Total Factor Productivity in India’s Manufacturing Sector: Macro and Micro Dimensions||completed 2016|
|9||Reserve Bank of India||Competitiveness, Efficiency and Productivity in the Indian Manufacturing Sector||completed 2011|
|10||European Union (in collaboration with CMDR, Dharwad)||Developing Health Accounts for Maharashtra||completed 2007|
|11||Ministry of Planning and Programme Implementation, GOI (in collaboration with CMDR, Dharwad)||Natural Resource Accounting in Karnataka: Forest and Land Resources (Excluding Mining)||completed 2007|
|12||Bharat-Oman Refineries Limited (In Collaboration with TISS, Mumbai)||Socio-Economic Impact of Proposed Refinery at Bina, Madhya Pradesh||completed 2004|
|13||Tata Services Limited, Mumbai||Total Factor Productivity of Tata Companies vis-à-vis other Manufacturing Firms and Manufacturing Sector||completed 2003|
|14||Reserve Bank of India||Productivity in Selected Manufacturing Industries in India||completed 2000|
- Theses Supervised
A. Ph.D. Thesis Completed/Submitted under my Supervision
Title of the Thesis
Year of Completion/Submission
Commercial Bank Behaviour and Monetary Policy in India
Degree Awarded (2000)
Rate of Return on Foreign Direct Investment in India
Corporate Bond Rating and Sovereign Rating: An Empirical Study in the Indian Context
Cost Inefficiencies of Banks In India – An Assessment
Tourism as a Development Strategy: A Case Study of the Malvan Taluka, Sindhudurg District, Maharashtra
Macroeconomic Consequences of Capital Inflows to India
Degree Awarded (2004)
Health Effects of Urban Air Pollution: A Study of Mumbai
Implications of Input Subsidies for Agricultural Productivity and Rural Poverty in India
Degree Awarded (2009)
Malnutrition, Migration and Gender: A Study of Urban India and Mumbai (Co-guided)
The Determinants of Rural Non-Farm Employment and Incomes in Maharashtra: An Asset Based Approach
Degree Awarded (2010)
Openness and Growth of the Indian Economy: An Empirical Analysis
Degree Awarded (2010)
Recipient of EXIM Bank International Economic Development Research Annual [IEDRA] Award 2011
State Finances and Growth: A Study of Major States of India
Degree Awarded (2010)
Household Solid Waste Management in Mumbai (Prof.Parthasarathy Co-guide)
Degree Awarded (2010)
Nexus Between Infrastructure and Economic Growth in India
Degree Awarded (2011)
Exports of Services and Offshore Outsourcing: An Empirical Investigation in the Indian Context
Degree Awarded (2011)
Recipient of EXIM Bank International Economic Development Research Annual [IEDRA] Award 2012
Macroeconomic Determinants of Asset Prices In India: An Empirical Investigation
Degree Awarded (2012)
Technical Efficiency and Agglomeration: Analysis of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India
Degree Awarded (2013)
Urban Planning and Land Use (co-guide)
Degree Awarded (2015)
A Macroeconomic Study on the Efficiency and Regulation of Indian Banking Sector During the Liberalization Era
Degree Awarded (2016)
Role of Scheduled Commercial Banks in Growth Promotion: An Empirical Investigation for the Indian Economy
Degree Awarded (2016)
Determinants of India’s Balance of Payments to the Indian Economy
Degree Awarded (2016)
Inflation and Relative Price Variability in India
Degree awarded (2018)
Agrarian Crisis and Farmers’ Suicides in India
Degree awarded (2018)
Socio-Economic Disparities in Odisha : An Inter-District Analysis
Degree awarded (2019)
Exchange Rate Volatility of Indian Rupee and its Spillovers to/from Stock and Bond Markets in India
Degree Awarded (2019)
Performance of the Commodity Derivatives Market in India: A Study of Chana, Gold, Wheat and Barley
Degree Awarded (2019)
Independence of Monetary Policy in India During the Liberalisation Era
Degree Awarded (2020)
Revisiting India’s Fiscal Policy Paradigm
Degree Awarded (2020)
Competitiveness of Egypt’s Agribusiness System: 2000-2018
Degree Awarded (2021)
Measurement and Determinants of Total Factor Productivity: Firm Level Study of Indian Electronics Industry
Degree Awarded (2021)
Socio-Economic Drivers of Wildlife Poaching Around Selected Tiger Reserves of Central India
Degree Awarded (2021)
Public Debt Management in India
Degree Awarded (2022)
Demand for Cash: A Model of Currency Demand for India
Successfully defended the thesis on Feb 11, 2022
Corporate Insolvency Regime in India: A Critical Review (Prof. D. Parthasarathy Co-supervisor)
Degree Awarded (2022)
Relationship Between Exchange Rate Volatility, PortfolioFlows and Central Bank Intervention in BRICS Countries with Special Reference to India (submitted pre-synopsis)
Thesis submitted on March 23, 2022)
B. Ph.D. Thesis Currently Supervising/with Referee
Consumption Expenditure Inequalities in India
Factors Affecting Asset Quality of Scheduled Commercial Banks in India
Regional Integration: Pros and Cons with Special Reference to India
Financial and Real Market Interdependence in India
Monetary Policy and Macro-Financial Linkages
Determinants and Sustainability of India’s External Debt: An Empirical Investigation, (thesis submission by June 2022)
Barriers & Business Opportunities in Solar Energy Entrepreneurship
C.M.Phil./Master of Management Theses
Title of the M.Phil. Thesis
Year of Award
Pricing of the Indian Rupee-US Dollar Option
Autonomous Women’s Organisations: Manushi and Saheli
Rural Poverty, Unemployment and Non-Governmental Organisations: A Case Study
Thin Market Hypothesis in the Context of Indian Rupee-US Dollar Foreign Exchange Spot Market: A Market Microstructure Approach
Tourism as a Strategy For Planning and Regional Development in Maharashtra
Stock Prices and Exchange Rates in India: A Risk Analysis System
Regional Integration in Asia : Pros and Cons
Problems of Housing With Special Reference To Mumbai – A Policy Review
Industrialization and Pollution in Mumbai Metropolitan Region With Special Reference To Chembur Area
Potential Impact of European Monetary Union On India’s Exports
Contingent Valuation of Powai Lake
Macroprudential Indicators of a Sound Financial System
Exports of Agricultural Commodities From India
Foreign Direct Investment in India: An Analytical Overview
A Rights Based Approach To Slum Rehabilitation and Housing: A Study in Mumbai
Financial Sector Reforms and Risk Management
Competitiveness of India’s Food and Agricultural Exports: With Reference to the US Market
Commercial Banking in India: Growth and Sustainability
Volatility and Stock Market Microstructure: A Study of Index Volatility in Indian Stock Market
Determinants of Foreign Institutional Investment Shareholding in India: A Sectoral Analysis
Agribusiness Practices in Maharashtra: A Case Study of Contract Farming Scheme in Jalgaon District
The Development of North East India: Potential of Sectoral Strategy
Agricultural Sector Reforms in India and China: A Critical Evaluation of Development Strategy
Social Security System in India: A Comparative Analysis in the International Context
Inflation Targeting Versus Monetary Targeting: A Critical Appraisal With Special Reference To India
Financial Crisis and Lessons For India
Skill Gaps in Telecommunication Industry in India
Bauxite Mining in Odisha: Pros and Cons
Water Sanitation and its Impact on Human Health Among Under-Five Children : A Case Study of Diarrhea Rural Buldhana District in Maharashtra (Co-supervisor,SarmisthaPattanaik
An Analysis of Twin Deficits in Select Emerging Market Economies with Special Reference to India (Co-supervisor, Prof. Aditi Chaubal)
Awards & Distinctions
- Member of the IIT Bombay team along with Prof. B Ravi (Mech) that was honoured by the former Hon. Prime Minister, Government of India, Shri A.B. Vajpayee. The award was given for the draft on manufacturing policy titled “Made in My India”. The team was also invited to present their policy draft by: The Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry-Mumbai, on July 10, 2003 and IIT-Bombay Alumni
- Association, at the Institute of Engineers, Haji Ali, Mumbai, on 29th Nov 2003.
- Nominated as a member of Board of Research of the SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai by the Hon’ble Governor of Maharashtra and Chancellor of the Universities.
- Independent Director on Governing Board of Acuité Ratings & Research Limited since March 18, 2020, Acuité Ratings & Research Limited (accredited by SEBI and RBI)
- Chairperson of Ratings Sub Committee, Acuité Ratings & Research Limited since May, 2020.
- Appointed as an Independent Director on Governing Board of Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL, during June 15, 2016-June 14, 2019) by the President of India.
- Member of Audit Committee, (HOCL, June 2016-2019).
- Chairman of Audit Committee, (HOCL, June 2017-2019).
- Member of Nomination and Remuneration Committee (HOCL, June 2017-2019).
- Member of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Committee (HOCL, June 2017-2019).
- Nominee Director of HOCL on the Board of Hindustan Flouro Carbons Limited (HFL), (28-10-2016-14-06-2019).
- Invited to occupy the post of Director, Centre for Multi-Disciplinary Development Research (CMDR), Dharwad, an ICSSR institution under the purview of MHRD and Government of Karnataka (July 10, 2012 to Jan 9, 2014).
- Member of the Jury for the Exim Bank’s International Economics Development Research Annual (IEDRA) Award (2010).
- Third-party evaluator for Haldia Port Modernization project. The invitation for evaluation was extended .by the IC Net Limited, Consultant for Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC). This was a part of ex-post evaluation of Japanese ODA loans given for developmental projects in fiscal year 2003.
- Director on the Board of Governors of OTC Exchange of India during 07-07-2005 to 05-09-2007.
- Member of the Court, Manipur University (2012-15)
- Member of the Senate of the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur.
- Member of the Senate, IIT Dharwad
- Member of the Governing Council and General Body, Centre for Multi-Disciplinary Development Research (CMDR), Dharwad.
- Referee for the Indian Economic Review, RBI Occasional Papers and DRG studies, Journal of Quantitative Economics, ArthaVijnana, Economic and Political Weekly, Millennial Asia (Sage Publication), Journal of Indian School of Political Economy.
Outreaach to Academic Institutions
- Member of Academic Council, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (Deemed to be University), Established by the Reserve Bank of India
- Member, Faculty of Humanities, University of Mumbai.
- Member, Board of Studies, Economics Department, Jai Hind College, Autonomous, Mumbai.
- Member of the Academic Council, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune.
- Chairperson of ‘The Academic Audit Committee’ appointed by The Honourable ViceChancellor, University of Mumbai, to conduct the academic audit of SantGadgeMaharaj College of Commerce andEconomics, Mumbai – 400 004 on Dec 24, 2019.
- Member of the team for conducting the Academic and Administrative Audit of Departments/ Centers/ Institutes at University of Mumbai, April 22-24, 2019
- Member of the Advisory Committee, Mumbai University’s Garware Institute of Career Education and Development.
- Member of Garware Roadmap Committee, Mumbai University’s Garware Institute of Career Education and Development.
- Member of the Academic Board (2018-21), Mumbai School of Economics & Public Policy (Autonomous), University of Mumbai.
- Former Member of the Governing Body, Lingaraj College, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- Member of the Board of Studies of NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Former member of the Academic Council of the International Institute of Population Sciences by the Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India, January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2012.
- Former member of the Academic and Research Programmes Committee (ARPC), CMDR, Dharwad.
- Member, Board of Studies (BoS) of Economics for the academic year since 2018-19, SIES College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Sion (W).
- Former Member of Board of Studies, Central University of Karnataka.
- Former Member of the Subject Board and currently of the Academic Board, Mumbai School of Economics and Public Policy.
- Besides these, I have been on the selection panels of various academic institutions for faculty recruitment and career advance schemes. I have also examined several Ph.D. and postgraduate theses of various reputed academic institutions.
Memberships and organizational responsibilites of professional bodies
- Member of American Economic Association
- Life-member, The Indian Econometric Society
- Life-member, Indian Association of Social Sciences and Health
- Life member of Indian Society for Labour Economics
- Local Organizing Secretary, The Indian Econometrics Society, 43rd Annual Conference, held at IITB, January 2007
- Joint Secretary, The Indian Econometrics Society, 2008
- Former Member of executing council of The Indian Econometrics Society.
Departmental Responsibiliteis at IIT Bombay
I have served as member of almost each and every committee at the departmental level (Chairperson M.Phil. Entrance Test (MET), Convenor of MET Committee, time-table coordinator, M.Phil. programme coordinator, Ph.D. coordinator, Seminar Coordinator, member of DUGC and DPGC). During my tenure, I pro-actively tried to raise both the intellectual capital and the financial capital for the department as a whole and especially for the economics programme. The academic interaction with Monash University witnessed good progress. A global immersion programme wherein Students from Monash visited IITB was successfully conducted and many joint Ph.D. have been enrolled.
Institute Responsibilites at IIT Bomday
- After joining the Institute, I actively participated in teaching courses at Industrial Management programme, which later developed into SOM. I formulated and taught many courses during the initial years of SOM. I also taught courses for CTARA students until recently. During my tenure as Head, HSS Dept., we launched BS in Economics Programme and also led the HSS team for GATE 2020 in HSS. Besides this, I have also handled the following responsibilities at different points of time during my tenure at IIT Bombay.
- Associate warden of H-10 and Warden of H-11
- Coordinator of Preparatory Course
- Faculty advisor for SC/ST students
- Member of SC/ST cell
- Member of UGAPEC and PGAPEC (ex-officio)
- Member of the Grievance Cell
- Member of the Committee for Compassionate Ground
- Member of the Accommodation Allotment Committee
- Convener of the Syllabus formation, Committee of Pan-IIT for the XH papers in Humanities and Social Sciences, GATE-2021.
- Member of Ethics Committee
- Member of Accommodation Allotment Committee I
- Member of Advisory Committee to IRCC
- Member of Institute Strategy and Policy Committee
- Head, HSS Department
- Member of UG Curriculum Review Committee
Institute Responsibilites at SNU Chennai
- Chairperson: Institutional Student Grievance Redressal Committee (ISGRC)
- In Charge, Economics Group