Dr. N. Nallusamy
Shiv Nadar University
Dr. N. NallusamyRegistrar
Shiv Nadar University
|Qualification||B.E.Mech (1992), M.E.Thermal Power (1995), Ph.D.(2007)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Anna University, Chennai|
|Total teaching experience||28 years|
|Institutions worked previously|
SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam, Chennai, TN
PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul, TN
|Subjects Taught||Thermodynamics, Thermal Engineering, Heat and Mass Transfer, Power Plant Engineering, Advanced IC Engines, Energy Conversion Techniques, Measurement and Control for Energy Systems, Renewable Energy Sources|
|Research Interests||Thermal energy storage, Alternate fuels for I.C. Engines, Bio diesel, Fuel spray characteristics, Heat Transfer and Heat Pipes|
|Research Supervision till date||Completed 5 Ph.D ; Ongoing 6 Ph.D|
|Research paper publications||55 publications in Journals ;52 presentations in Conferences|
|Funded Projects||1 from AICTE and 2 Internal funded faculty projects from SSN Trust|
Book chapter: “Electrical Vehicles” in the book titled “Alternative Fuels for Transportation”, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis group, 2011
1. Received Best Faculty Award from M/s. Cognizant Technology Solutions for the year 2011.
|Additional Responsibilities held in SSN College of Engineering|
HOD / Mechanical Engineering
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value in Rs.|
|1||Composition Effects of Oxidized Paint Waste Oil on Combustion and Emission Characteristics in a Reactivity Controlled Compression Ignition Engine||SSN Trust||2017 – 2019||4.10 Lakhs|
|2||Development of PCM based Thermal Energy Storage system for Solar powered vapour absorption system||SSN Trust||2013 – 2015||3.00 Lakhs|
|3||Modernization of Thermal Engineering Lab Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, TN||AICTE||2011-2012||12.00 Lakhs|
Books / Book Chapters list
- N. Nallusamy, Book chapter on “Electric Vehicles” in the book titled “Alternative Fuels for Transportation”, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis group, 2011, ISBN: 978-1-4398-1957-92011
- Editor of International conference proceedings: Alternative Energy Sources, Materials and Technologies (2015), Trans Tech Publications Inc., Switzerland, ISBN-13: 978-3-03835-553-3
- Editor of International conference proceedings:Renewable Energy Sources and Technologies, AIP-American Institute of Physics, USA, 2019, Vol. 2161, ISBN: 978-0-7354-1906-3
- Alternative Energy Sources, Materials and Technologies –II (2020), Trans Tech Publications Inc., Switzerland, ISBN-13: 978-3-0357-1567-5
List of Top five Publications
- V. Venkatesan, N. Nallusamy, P. Nagapandiselvi, Performance and emission analysis on the effect of exhaust gas recirculation in a tractor diesel engine using pine oil and soapnut oil methyl ester, Fuel, 290 -120077- 1-8, 2021, Elsevier, Impact Factor 5.578.
- V. Venkatesan, N. Nallusamy, P. Nagapandiselvi, Waste-to-Energy Approach for Utilizing Non-edible Soapnut Oil Methyl Ester as a Fuel in a Twin-Cylinder Agricultural Tractor Diesel Engine, Energy Fuels, 34 (2), 1958-1964, 2020, ACS publications, Impact Factor 3.021.
- V. Venkatesan, N. Nallusamy, Pine oil-soapnut oil methyl ester blends: A hybrid biofuel approach to completely eliminate the use of diesel in a twin cylinder off-road tractor diesel engine, Fuel, 262 -116500- 1-8, 2019, Elsevier, Impact Factor 5.578.
- P. Tamil Selvan, N. Nallusamy, S. Rajkumar, A comprehensive review on performance, combustion and emission characteristics of biodiesel fuelled diesel engines, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 79, 1134–1159, 2017, Elsevier, Impact Factor 8.05.
- P. M. Sivaram, N. Nallusamy, M. Suresh, Experimental and numerical investigation on solar parabolic trough collector integrated with thermal energy storage unit, International Journal of Energy Research, 40, 1564-1575, 2016, John Wiley & Sons, Impact Factor 2.838.