Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
Dr. S. Vidhusha M.E., Ph.D.
Dr.S. Vidhusha is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, at Shiv Nadar University Chennai. She has a teaching experience of 12+ years in the Academia. Prior joining SNUC, she has served for over 10 years as Assistant Professor in the Department of IT, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
She has completed her Ph.D from Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering, Anna University, Chennai in the area of Cognitive Neuroscience in 2020. She has over 7 years of research experience the field of cognitive neuroscience, brain disorder studies and medical image processing. She had opportunities to visit countries like Australia & USA. During her visit to the United States, she had been to Drexel University, Philadelphia for exploring collaborative research prospects. Since then, she has been a project mentor the Drexel iSTAR programme consecutively for two years.
2020 – Ph.D. (Cognitive Neuroscience) – Faculty of I&C, Anna University.
2011- M.E. – Computer and Communication.
2009- B.E. – Computer Science and Engineering.
08/22- Till date -Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engg., SNU Chennai.
05/12 – 07/22- Assistant Professor, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
08/11- 04/12 – Assistant Professor, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering Chennai.
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Disorder studies
- Machine Learning & Deep Learning Techniques
- Computational Intelligence
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- User Interface Design
- Programming and Data Structures
- Virtual Reality
- Object Oriented Programming
- Software Engineering
- Computer Networks
- Total Quality Management
- Business Intelligence
- Computer Programming
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Professional Ethics in Engineering
- Fundamentals of Data Structures in C
- Problem Solving and Python Programming
- Advanced Computer Architecture
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of “Young Woman Researcher” award in Cognitive Neuroscience at the 8th International Annual Women’s Summit organized by Venus International Foundation for the year 2023.
- Acting as BoS member in the Department of Science and Humanities, Sri Sairam Engineering College, Chennai.
- Served as an Overseas Project Mentor for Drexel iSTAR student project programme for the undergrad students at Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA.
Selective List of Projects Guided
- Enhancing Usability and Experience of User While Video Streaming Using Hand Gestures
- Heart Disease Prediction Using an Ensemble of Machine Learning Algorithms
- 3-way authentication for graphical passwords
- Cognitive Ability assessment in NDD using VR
- VR environment for autism
- Improvement of learning abilities with VR as a learning tool for autism
- Plant disease detection using ML techniques
- Coordinator of SSN sponsored two-day workshop on “Machine Learning Techniques for Building Intelligent Systems”, during 27th & 28th Sep’ 2019. A total of 35 participants (faculty members, research scholars, industry delegate and students) from various institutions & universities attended the workshop. The sessions were handled by resource persons from CTS, Mr. Cooper, VIT & SSNCE.
- Coordinator of SSN sponsored two-day workshop on “Machine Learning Techniques for Image-Based Applications”, during 09th & 10th Feb’ 2017.A total of 76 participants (faculty members, research scholars and students) from various institutions & universities attended the workshop. The sessions were handled by resource persons from IIT Madras, CTS, IIIT-DM & SSNCE.
- Coordinator of SSN sponsored two-day workshop on “Research Prospects in Image Fusion and Registration”, during 01st & 02nd Feb’ 2016.A total of 32 participants (faculty members, research scholars and students) from various institutions attended the workshop. The sessions were handled by resource persons from IIT Madras, MIT, REC, VIT-Chennai, IIIT-DM & SSNCE.
List Of Publications
- Vidhusha, S., & Kavitha, A. (2020). Inter-Hemispherical Investigations on the Functional Connectivity in Controls and Autism Spectrum Using Resting State fMRI. In Innovations, Algorithms, and Applications in Cognitive Informatics and Natural Intelligence (pp. 169-186). IGI Global.
- Vidhusha Srinivasan,Udayakumar, N., Liang, H. and Anandan, K. (2022) ‘A hybrid approach for analysis of brain lateralisation in autistic children using graph theory techniques and deep belief networks’, Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology,Vol. 39, No. 1, pp.40–64.
- Vidhusha Srinivasan, Udayakumar N and Kavitha Anandan, “Influence of Primary Auditory Cortex in the Characterization of Autism Spectrum in Young Adults using Brain Connectivity Parameters and Deep Belief Networks: An fMRI Study”, CurrentMedicalImaging(2019)15(1):. https://doi.org/10.2174/1573405615666191111142039.
- Vidhusha, S.,Kavitha, A., “Interhemispherical Investigations on the Functional Connectivity of Autistic resting state fMRI”, International Journal of Cognitive Informatics and Natural Intelligence (IJCINI)., Vol 10, Issue 4., 92- 105, 2016.
- Sree Sharmila T, Ramar K andVidhusha S Change Detection of Waterbody in Synthetic Aperture Radar Images, In: International Journal of Image Processing (IJIP), Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp. 233-242, Jul 2012.
- S Chrisilla and Tharun R Ragav and S Vidhusha and A. Kavitha, “Investigating Cognitive Global Coordination in normal and autistic children using virtual reality environments – An EEG Study” 10th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER), 2021, Italy, pp. 1016-1019.
- Viswath Narayanan R and Yaamini D Vidhusha S, Divya B, Kavitha A, “Cognitive Attention in Autism using Virtual Reality Learning Tool” 18th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics and Cognitive Computing, Polytechnic Milano, Italy, ICCI*CC 2019.
- Vidhusha, A. Kavitha, “Investigations on task based functional connectivity patterns in High Functioning Autism “, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology (ICMMB 2017), AusMedtech, Melbourne, 24-25 May, 2017.
- Sandhya, R. Anandha Sree, S. Vidhusha, A. Kavitha, “Speech Imagery based Vowel Classification using Brain Connectivity Estimators and Machine Learning Techniques”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology (ICMMB 2017), AusMedtech, Melbourne, 24-25 May, 2017.
- Vidhusha, A. Kavitha, “Evaluation of Functional Connectivity patterns in high-functioning Autism using resting state fMRI” in the Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Biomedical Systems, Signals and Images (BSSI) at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M), Feb 24-26, 2016.
- Sandhya, C., Vidhusha, S., Gayathri, R. S., & Kavitha, A. “Assessment of functional connectivity in autistic brain fMRI”. In the Intl. Conf. on Cognitive Informatics & Cognitive Computing (ICCI* CC), 2015 at the Tsinghua University, Beijing, pp. 169-174,2015, IEEE Xplore.
- Vidhusha, S., Kavitha A., “Analysis and evaluation of autistic brain MR images using Learning Vector Quantization and Support Vector Machines,” in Intl. Conf. on Industrial Instrumentation and Control (ICIC), at CoE, Pune,pp.911-916,2015, IEEE Xplore.
- Pavithra Ramasamy, Savitaa Venkateswaran, Vidhusha, “An Efficient Transfer of EHRs on the Cloud using Decaying Window Principle” in the International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies (IEEE ICECCT 2015) at SVS college of Engineering, Coimbatore,pp 673-678, 2015, IEEE Xplore.
- Vidhusha, T.Sree Sharmila, “A Performance Evaluation and Comparison of Edge Detection Techniques Using SAR Images”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Information and Software Engineering, held at AVIT, Chennai, February 2011. Awarded as, “Best Paper”.
- Vidhusha,Sree Sharmila, “A Comparison of Maximum Likelihood Algorithm and Edge Detection Techniques using SAR Images”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communication systems, held at S.A. Engineering College, Chennai, March 2011.
GOOGLE SCHOLAR CITATIONS