Dr. S. MANISHA
Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
Dr. S. Manisha B.E., M.E., Ph.D.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. S. Manisha has completed her Ph.D from Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering, Anna University, Chennai in the area of Computer Vision during February 2021. She has around 10 years of teaching experience includingaround6+ years of research experience. She received her B. E. – computer science and engineering with distinction from Anna University during the year 2010, M. E. – computer science and engineering with first class grade from Anna University during the year 2012. Prior to joining Shiv Nadar University Chennai, she was working in the department of CSE, Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Chennai as Assistant Professor since 2012. During her tenure at SSN, she has guided several undergraduate and internal funding student projects in the area of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality. She was one of the editors for the proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Science 2022 edition published by IFIP – AICT Springer series.
• Machine Learning& Deep Learning Techniques
• Computer Vision
Conference &Workshops Organized
• Organizer of “One Day National Workshop On Challenges In Image Mining: A Research Perspective” on 27th February 2015.
• Organizer of ” One Day National Seminar On Predictive Analytics –Big Data And Healthcare” on 12th February 2016.
• Organizer ” Two day National workshop on ‘computational platforms for research in Bioinformatics: Challenges at the interface of Computer Science and Biology’ on 24th – 25th March 2017.
• Organizer “Two-day virtual workshop on computational Models and Representation for Data Science” on February 7-8, 2022.
• Organizer of “One day Preconference workshop – Data Science : Capstone” on March 24th 2022.
• Convener of the “IFIP-AICT International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Science 2022” held on March 25 – 26, 2022.
• Cleared IELTS (CLB 9) conducted by IDP
• Prepare Data for Exploration – Google & Coursera
• Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions – Google & Coursera
• Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere – Google & Coursera
• Building a Data Science Team – Coursera
• A Crash Course in Data Science – Coursera
• Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python – Coursera
• Python Data Structures – Coursera
• Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) – Coursera
• Invited keynote speaker for the Three day online TEQIP III sponsored faculty development programme on “EXPLORING RESEARCH PROBLEMS USING MACHINE LEARNING “during 15.03.2021 to 17.03.2021 held at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India on the topic “Exploring Research Problems using Machine Learning”.
• Delivered a talk on the topic “Information retrieval process” on 20th June 2022in the Six Days Online Faculty Development Programme on “AD8302-Fundamentals of DataScience” sponsored by the Anna University, Chennai scheduled from 20.06.2022 to 25.06.2022 in St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology, Chennai.
S Manisha Sudha MR, Sriraghav, Sudar Abhisheck, Shomona Gracia Jacob (2017). Approaches and Applications of Virtual Reality and Gesture Recognition:A Review International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence, vol.8(4), pp. 1-18 (Scopus)
S. Manisha, T. Sree Sharmila (2019). A two-level secure data hiding algorithm for video steganography. Multimdimensional Systems and Signal Processing, 30(2), 529-542. (Clarivate)
Manisha S, Nafisa Saida H, Nandita Gopal, Roshni P Anand (2021) Bimodal Emotion Recognition using Machine Learning International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, 10(4), pp. 189-194.
Manisha.SRevathy, Suganyadevi, Supriyaa, Priyadharsini.R, Automatic and Efficient Cleansing of Illustration Images in Web, Journal of Image Processing and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 3(3), 2017, pp. 1- 7
Manisha S, Revathy, Akalya, Roshini Detection and Recognition of Characters in License Plates, Advance in Natural and Applied Sciences, vol. 17(9), 2015, pp. 1- 7
Manisha S, T. Sree Sharmila Text Frame Classification and Recognition Using Segmentation Technique, 2nd International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Computing and Communication Technology (iCATccT), 978-1-5090-2399-8/16/$31.00 c 2016 IEEE, pp. 681 – 685 (IEEE Scopus)
S Manisha, T Sree Sharmila Effective Printed Tamil Text Segmentation and Recognition Using Bayesian Classifier, Computational Intelligence in Data Mining, 2017, Springer, Singapore, 729 – 738 (Springer Scopus)
S Manisha, T Sree Sharmila, Recognition of Characters in a Securely Transmitted Medical Image, International conference on Computer Networks, Big data and IoT, Springer, Cham, 2018, pp. 286-292 (Springer Scopus)
S Manisha, T Sree Sharmila, CLASSIFICATION OF TEXT FRAMES IN VIDEO USING FUZZY C MEANS, International Conference on Electrical, Electronics & Computer Engineering -2016, ISBN: 978-93-81830-95-6, 2016, pp. 389 – 393.
Srika Sumi S, Manisha S, T. Sree Sharmila AN EFFICIENT TEXT EXTRACTION AND RECOGNITION APPROACH FOR IMAGES USING BAYESIAN CLASSIFIER, International Conference on Electrical, Electronics & Computer Engineering -2016, ISBN: 978-93-81830-95-6, 2016, pp. 1128 – 1133.
Manisha S Revathy, Akalya, Roshini, AN AUTOMATED LUMBAR DISC HERNIATION IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM BY K-MEANS CLASSIFICATION, National Conference on Modern Electronics & Signal Processing, 2016, pp. 77
Deepan Raj V. and Manisha S., Information and Sentiment Extraction for Healthcare Industry, National Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Computing, 2014, pp. 64 – 68
Manisha.S and V.S.Felix Enigo, Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks, NICCCIS, Coimbatore, 2012.
Her research profile can be found at the following website: